BYOC: Bring Your Own Chromebook
Starting in term one, 2018, students in years 6-8 will have the option of bringing their own Chromebook to school. We have partnered with Cyclone to provide a range of Chromebook bundles which will meet our students’ needs. We encourage you to purchase through our portal.
Please read the document below for answers to frequently asked questions, including:
- Has there been community consultation leading up to BYOC?
- How will we create a safer digital environment?
- How secure and reliable are Chromebooks?
- What about spelling?
- What about handwriting?
- Will social media and games distract students?
- How will e-learning opportunities be made more consistent throughout the school?
- What about equity of access?
- What happens at the end of year-8?
If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our e-learning lead teacher, Cristy Yonetani: email@example.com